I offer a free 20-minute phone call for new clients. If we decide to work together my rate is $110 per 50-55-minute session.
Payment must be made in full at the time of each session unless we have come to another agreement. I accept cash, check, and sometimes credit cards.
I do have a certain number of sliding scale spots available for clients with financial needs. Please contact me at 503-334-1672 for more information about my rates and to find out if I currently have a sliding scale spot available.
I am currently an in-network provider for Aetna and Regence/Blue Cross of Oregon .
– If you have a different insurance and wish to use your out-of-network benefit for your sessions, I am happy to bill certain insurance companies (MODA, for instance) as an “out of plan provider.” Policies vary regarding whether you pay your co-pay at the time of session, and when you pay any co-insurance you might owe. This can be confusing stuff, I can explain it to you.
– I will gladly check your insurance benefits to find out your coverage for behavioral health. I would need the following information from you to do so: Your full name, date of birth, and address as well as your individual ID and group ID numbers.
If you are under 25 and have coverage under a parent’s policy: it is important that you let me know if you have coverage through an employer, even if you are covered by your parent’s policy. If you have coverage from an employer, you are required to file through that insurance first, and then submit through your parent’s coverage. To verify all your coverage, I would need your DOB, address, those of your parent whose policy you fall under, as well as ID numbers and plan names.
Once I learn your coverage, I will let you know promptly.
This information will help you make an informed decision about whether you want to bill insurance for your therapy.
A few notes on using insurance:
- Even if your treatment is covered by insurance, they do not pay for sessions that you schedule but miss.
- Be clear that if you use your insurance coverage, I am obligated to give you a diagnosis, which will be part of your permanent medical record.
- I use an online billing service and we bill electronically whenever possible.
- Please note that you will owe out-of-pocket for any sessions or fees not covered by insurance.
Appointments and Cancellations
Your appointment time is reserved for you. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, a minimum of 24 hours notice is require in order to avoid being charged. If I have spots available later in the week, I will offer you one to avoid the late cancellation fee. You are responsible to pay for your session in full if a cancellation request is received less than 24 hours in advance.